7 DEADLY PHRASES TO AVOID - TO CREATE AN AWESOME LIFE!
Creating the awesome life you want can be hard work and it does require you to put in some effort.
If you have a dream of making more money, getting a promotion at work, starting your own business, becoming more healthier, or improving your relationships then you need to take massive action NOW...and watch the language you think and speak. Avoid using the following deadly phrases!!
1. WHEN. This is not a word to use when it comes to improving your life. As it sounds like this..."When I lose 10kg I'll start dating again. When I'm a bit older and when I have worked here longer I will ask for that promotion. When I complete my degree I can start looking at a side-business of my own." Most of the time, our 'whens' just don't happen, or if they do, they take so long that we've forgotten what it was we wanted. 'When' is rarely necessary, but just to be sure, ask yourself this: "Would it be illegal, unethical or immoral to start now?" If the answer is NO, then get started...don't wait for 'WHEN.'
2. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. These 3 simple words will keep you from making that important phone call, or trying out for an audition, or hitting the publish button. You might think how can a phrase with 'good' in it be so bad but it is when it keeps you procrastinating. The solution. Turn it around. Instead of saying "This isn't good enough..." change it to "It's not perfect yet but it is good enough to start." Don't wait for everything to be perfect. Just begin and put it out there and see what happens!!
3. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME. The same person who doesn't have the time to go to the gym after work will immediately be free for the whole evening if you present them with free tickets to an event or sports match. It may feel like you don't have time, but with some focus and planning and getting rid of some non-essential commitments (e.g. T.V., Facebook) you can free up at least 30 minutes if not more every night to work on those actions that will help you create a better and more fulfilling life.
4. SOMEDAY. There's nothing wrong with having a "someday" list of things to do and places you want to go but it is more likely that you will achieve it if you put a timeline on it ...Set a completion date. Someday is such a deceptive word. It makes you feel good by proclaiming you'll somedayachieve something, but months, years, and even decades can pass and that someday is still along way off. It is far better that you just get up and 'DO IT.'
5. WILLPOWER. The problem with willpower is that people either think they have it or that they don't. They'll say, " Well of course I ordered the double-fudge sundae topped with whipped cream. What did you expect from someone who doesn't have any willpower?" Your genes determine the colour of your eyes, NOT whether you order dessert or not.
6. WANT/WISH/HOPE. Stop wanting, wishing, and hoping to do something or for something to happen. That's for wimps. If you want more control over your fate, YOU must take more responsibility for your actions and their outcomes. Don't just sit around expecting change to arrive at your doorstep. It takes a decision and it takes action, not wishful thinking!
7. IT'S NOT THE RIGHT TIME. If not now, then when??? No, really: If you are waiting for the stars to align, it's not going to happen. Instead of waiting for the right time, shift your thinking and decide when you are going to start and put your action plan in place with the start date and get STARTED!!
Think back to an achievement or goal you have accomplished and see the vision, dedication and perseverance it took to get there. Stop sabotaging your future with these 7 Deadly Phrases and start working towards creating a life you want TODAY!
Contact me now....I can help you to create an awesome life!